Home
News
Village Departments
Freedom of Information (FOIA)
Permits & Forms
Emergency ALERT System
Photo Gallery
    GOVERNMENT
Dwight Village Board
Board Agendas
Board Meeting Minutes
    VILLAGE RESIDENTS
Garbage & Recycling
New Resident Information
Stevenson Pool
    VISITORS AND
            TRAVELERS
Dwight Economic Alliance
Dwight Historical Society
Dwight Library
Dwight Fire Dept
Dwight Public Schools
Historic Dwight Sites
Other Dwight Sites
Calendar of Events
Red Carpet Corridor

    OTHER LINKS
Amtrak
ePay




Other Dwight Sites

Renfrew Park

While visiting Dwight on a hunting expedition in 1860, the Prince of Wales, travelling under the name Baron of Renfrew, stayed on the property as a guest of James C. Spencer.  Later, Baron Renfrew became
King Edward VII.
 
A gift from David McWilliams to the Village of Dwight in 1897, Renfrew Park was designed by Ossian Cole Simonds, a noted North America Landscape Architect who also designed Graceland Cemetery in Chicago.

The park today has three picnic shelters, picnic tables, three large playgrounds,
tennis courts, and a baseball field.  

Named after former Mayor Robert Stevenson,
"The Pool" is an Olympic sized pool located at the north end of Renfrew Park,
and is open seasonally,
weather permitting.
815-584-3385

click here for a map to the pool

Stevenson Swimming Pool


Dwight Lions Lake

This lake is located on Old Route 66 and features picnic areas  and fishing events.  
 

Dedicated to long time Dwight businessman Bill Clapp, Rotary Park (Pinecone Path), runs along beautiful Gooseberry Creek.

photo coming soon...


The Village of Dwight
209 S. Prairie Ave
Dwight, Illinois 60420
815-584-3077
Fax 815-584-2680

DWIGHT PD - NON EMERGENCY
815-584-3132
 
villagehall@dwightillinois.com
site by